Sunday, November 8, 2009

Support your local "GIRLFRIEND"



My blog-land (but oh so much more) friend Elise has the honor of being the guest designer on The Color Throwdown for the month of November. I, wanting to do whatever I can to support her, am submitting this project for CTD challenge.

I have a friend who is under the weather, like almost everyone I know, so I made up this "Chicken Soup Makes Ya Better" gift pack. Please note there is no chicken soup anywhere close to this package, but it does have these delightful chickens that I think fit the color challenge perfectly. The colors in SU language are Dusty Durango, Always Artichoke, Soft Sky and Kraft. Perfectly yummy combo.


I covered a General Foods International coffee tin and then filled it with cold remedies. I started with some Bazzill textured cardstock. Still #1 IMHO! After treating the top with a Fiskars edge punch, I adhered it to the tin with Terrifically Tacky (TT) tape. Then I layered on some Little Yellow Bicycle pp which I "Durango-ed" up with distress ink. Here comes the chickens and some Offray ribbon. I used an Nestie to cut the ovals. One from kraft and one from them chickens. Little more distress ink and a few pop dots later, you have yourself one delightful container.


For the sour cream container, I starting with a 4x6" piece of double side pp. A light cs or double sided pp seems to be the best weight for this project. This happens to be the reverse side of the "Durango-ed" check I used on the tin.

Using the TT adhesive tape again, I made a tube. Then (and this is the trick to know part) keeping the seam about 3/4 of the way across one end, I closed up the tube. If you put the seam in the middle, when you do the other end it will be on a edge and this does not work nicely. I then filled it up and pinched the other end closed being sure to turn it halfway.

Then with a little crimping of the ends, I have one very sharp looking but unusual gift container. These are fun to give. Everyone always has to turn them over and over in their hands. A bowl of them on the table, each filled with oh... M&Ms lets say, makes for a great display and crowd pleaser. Listen to me sounding like a Martha Stewart wanna be...

Anyhoo, this is my entry. Hope you ENJOY! cause ya know I did! And to Elise... Way to go Girlfriend! YOU ROCK! http://mamacowcreations.blogspot.com/

Till next time, ENJOY! the Oz

8 comments:

  1. Linda I love your creation it looks amazing. I bet your friend will be so happy to get this wonderful tin of goodies :D. Those colours look fantastic together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cute & sweet! We are so glad you followed Elise here (does that make you her groupie?) and played with the CTD colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome project Miss OZ!!!!!!! As I like to say , "Ozesome"!!!!!!! So happy you are finally blogging and everyone will be able to see where you really shine!! Woo Hoo.
    Hugs,Kathy
    Love the tin and how you have the loops on the edge and the distressing is always perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Oz... just found your blog... welcome to blogworld... Must say looking at your photo - there's no way you can be 55!!! way to young looking my dear!!!
    BTW - just love the gift basket and other package... must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okaaaaayyyyyyy! I'm all "blushy!" You silly thang! What a fabulous shout out to lil' old me ~ I love you MORE! {hee hee} No, seriously, way to THROWDOWN! How DARLING and crafty are those babies - WAY! Such fun projects and AWESOME use of the colors... HELLO! And, by the way, look at your fabulous blog, picking up some serious steam ~ I love it! Thanks, again, for the kind references to moi! HOWEVER, your MIGHTY talent is reward, enough! You are F A B U L O U S, lovely Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun way to use the colors. Great job and thanks for telling how to do the sour cream container. Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is so sweet for your friend and those chickens are too cute! LOVE how you altered the tin, and made the little triangle container! We are lovin' having Elise on the team this month, so I'm glad you're supporting her, too! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a BLOG you have here! I love seeing what you are up to... (Good things, I hope). Truthfully, you have so much to offfer (arts and humor), what's there not to like? Your card was featured in my blog http://virginialusblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/gallery-of-cards-from-friends.html
    do check it out if you haven't. I'll be-- B-A-C-K!

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment, knowing you stopped just makes me giddy!