Monday, January 25, 2010

so much missed...


As some of you have already learned, my computer became very ill and spent some time in the intensive care unit at the Puter hospital. I almost lost it. My puter I mean. Although, I did come very very close to losing my mind completely while it was away.
My computer is more than just a fancy solitaire game. It is my TV, radio, personal shopper, birthday reminder, phone book, recipe book, mail box, ego stroker, photo album, telephone, bulletin board, bill payer, tax accountant, and so much moreeee!!!
I was lost in a very sad, grey existence. I had to resort to washing dishes and scrubbing floors to keep myself busy! Ladies this must never happen again, EVER!

I did manage to make some cards up and I am sure I will post those too, but first I wanted to post some challenges that I missed out on.
Why you ask? I am not sure, I just want to.
Stamp It Crazy has a brand new blog and her first challenge was to make a Pepsi card. This was my inspiration.

And this is the card I created from it. I wiped the blue card base with white ink on a makeup sponge. With every wipe the sponge turned more blue. I guess that paper is not exactly "set". I was really surprised how easily the color came off. I liked the end results but it sure did make me wonder about the paper.
Haunted Design House had "Fallen Angels" as the theme last week. Inspired by my cat Baby Girl, who can go from angelic to demonic in 2 seconds flat, I created this card.

Lucy's super sweet blog had a monochromatic challenge. This was to be my entry.



Everyone has current challenges going and I so encourage you to check them out and play along. I for one will be jumping right back in and posting away.... as soon as I catch up on my 206 emails....

till next time, ENJOY! the Oz

22 comments:

  1. I wondered where you had gone! So glad to have you back; your sense of humor was missed. Sorry you missed the deadline on these challenge cards, but they are all special just the same. Did you read Virginia's comment on your thread at Flickr? Now she has me wondering......keeping my fingers crossed for you. :))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to have you back in computer land! It was getting lonely without your fun sense of humor! Your cards are all great- I especially LOVE that pepsi card- what a great take on the challenge and the background effect is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're up and running again....and now have clean dishes and floors. I really LOVE the Pepsi inspired card--genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, we have soooooooooo missed you! And these cards are all fantastic (as usual). LOVE LOVE LOVE the wicked kitty... is that a stamp, and where can I get one?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Oz! So good to see you back in the land of...

    Great creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...wow that is very nice! So sweet and simple...I LIKE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MISS your blog!! Did you get my phone message a little while ago?-hehe! Yup, Lin mentioned my comments in the discussion thread...I hope you are not offended in any way! I just hope the best for YOU! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back Linda!!! I've been wondering where you where & hoping that everything is ok for you. I'm glad that your 'puter has survived. Know that you have been missed around the world. Love all those wonderful creations that you have made & am so glad that you did them xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see you back Oz... I know I go into withdrawal symptoms if I have to miss out on my computer for just one night so can imagine how you felt. Glad it came home fit and well and you can now connect to the world again. Great work on the cards in the mean time...

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS - meant to say the cat card is perfect...physco cats must be the same all round the world!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. welcome back Linda!!!!!!! It's so nice to hear/reading from you again!! i so enjoy visiting your blog! Thank goodness you got your puter back. Did you have to get a new one or did they do magic and fixed him? Hopefully it's the latter! =) LOVE your gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad your computer issues are solved! These are some fantastic cards. The pepsi card is such an eye-catcher! Love it! The cat card is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, can't decide if the cherry card or that lovely monochromatic gem is my fav. You are a master cardmaker Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WELCOME BACK!!! You sure were missed!! LOVING all these cards....all so different...that is a sign of true talent you know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back Linda, you and your sence of humour have been missed! Love all your challenge cards, looking forward to seeing the rest of you cards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you are back in our cyber world. We missed you too! Love that Pepsi card! Makes me thirsty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic cards, I especially love the background on your cherry card, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gotta tell you Hun, you have been missed! Great cards Oz! I have my eye on that little cat stamp on UK eBay at the moment so thanks for convincing me that I simply cannot possibly live without it!!!! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!! FANTASTIC cards, Oz, one and all! Love the Pepsi inspired card. As Donna said it is pure genius! Hoping, along with Virginia, that you will be a Hero Hostess!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, HONEY! I'm so glad you are back! A sick computer... makes ME sick! I'm just happy to see your fun, back in action! This card is a fine celebration, indeed! SO SA-WEEEEET! You always have your finger on the pulse of the best challenges! LOVE YOUR SHOW, Doll!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How did you end up with *my* cat? Well, ok, mine is about 95% demonic - but still.
    And I love the Pepsi card!

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment, knowing you stopped just makes me giddy!